Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh No, I Think I Might Have A Girl Crush

Shirley Kurata

About two years ago, I found an amazing wardrobe stylist through a random blog walking. She has worked with some astonishing musicians/celebrities; such as Beck, Elijah Wood, Zooey Deschannel, Elvis Costello, Jenny Lewis and many more. Her name is Shirley Kurata. She also did some editorial photoshoots and ad campaigns. It was mind blowing. Apparently, she is represented by Giant Artists who also representing other noteworthy artists (photographers, art directors, illustrators, designers, filmmakers and stylist). Check out this pictures below and you'll know what I mean. Or simply click the link to witness it by your own eyes.

On December 17, Giant Artists did an exhibition plus launched their book featured a wide range of works by its artists called Giant NOW! Seeing how unbelieveably good the works are, it makes me desperately want to have the book for my own.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Shirley's work.

Devendra Banhart
Photographer: Lauren Dukoff

Beck
Photographer: Autumn de Wilde


Paste Magazine
Photographer: Autumn de Wilde


Mike Andrews
Photographer: Autumn de Wilde

Oliver Peoples Fall 2009 Campaign
Photographer: Autumn de Wilde


Photographer: Aaron Ruell

No comments:

Post a Comment